Angus Integration Joint Board
The Angus Integration Joint Board (AIJB) was established in April 2016 in response to The Public Bodies (Joint Working) (Scotland) Act 2014. The Act put in place arrangements for integrating health and social care, in order to improve autonomy for service users, patients, carers and their families. The Act requires NHS Tayside and Angus Council to agree an Integration Scheme and to delegate responsibilities and accountability for a range of functions and associated financial resources to the AIJB.
The Angus IJB is responsible for strategic planning of these delegated functions and resources. This means that all decisions about how resources are spent on these services, the policies and the direction of these services is decided by Angus IJB. The Angus IJB is also accountable for the governance of the AHSCP.
The following services are hosted by AIJB on behalf of the other Tayside Integration Joint Boards:
- Locality Pharmacy
- Primary Care Services (excludes the NHS Board administrative, contracting and professional advisory functions)
- GP Out of Hours
- Forensic Medicine
- Continence Service
- Speech and Language Therapy.
The Angus Integration Scheme , which has been approved by the Scottish Government, details the relationship between AIJB, AHSCP, NHS Tayside and Angus Council.
AIJB Standing Orders provide the rules and regulations for the proceedings of the AIJB.
Who sits on the Integration Joint Board?
As stated by the Act and its associated regulations, the IJB is made up of voting and non-voting members.
In Angus there are six voting members of the IJB, three of whom are non-executive board members of NHS Tayside and three of whom are elected members of Angus Council.
There are also a number of non-voting members. These include advisors like the Chief Officer, Chief Finance Officer, Chief Social Work Officer and representatives of the third and independent sector, carers and trade unions. There are also operational advisors for Community Health and Care Services for North and South Angus, mental health, public health, primary care, pharmacy and legal services.
Integration Joint Board Members:
- Councillor Lois Speed, Elected Member, Angus Council (Vice Chair)
- Peter Drury, Non-Executive Board Member
- Councillor Julie Bell, Angus Council
- Councillor Bob Myles, Angus Council
- Graeme Martin, Non-Executive Board Member, NHS Tayside
- Emma-Jane Wells, Non-Executive Board Member, NHS Tayside (Chair)
Non Voting Members
- Gail Smith, Interim Chief Officer
- Alexander Berry, Chief Finance Officer
- Kathryn Lindsay, Chief Social Work Officer
- Dr Alison Clement, Clinical Director
- Dr Elaine Henry, Consultant – Registered Medical Practitioner
- Dr Richard Humble, GP Representative
- Peter Burke, Carers Representative
- Gary Malone, Third Sector Representative
- Ivan Cornford, Independent Sector Representative
- Andrew Jack, Service User Representative
- Chris Boyle, Staff Representative – Local Authority
- Barbara Tucker, Staff Representative – Health
- Charlie Sinclair, NHS Tayside
- George Bowie, Head of Community Health & Care Services – South Angus
- Jillian Galloway, Head of Community Health & Care Services – North Angus
- Bill Troup, Head of Mental Health Services
- David Thompson, Principal Solicitor, Angus Council
- Dr Emma Fletcher, Director of Public Health, NHS Tayside
- David Coulson, Associate Director of Pharmacy
- Dr David Shaw, Interim Associate Medical Director – Primary Care
To date the practice has been for decisions of AIJB to be made by consensus of the full membership rather than the use of voting.
At the inception of the AIJB, the IJB agreed to create a separate Audit Committee with an agreed remit. The AIJB is required to have a Strategic Planning Group (SPG) responsible for the development and delivery of the strategic plan.
Integration Joint Board Meetings
|IJB Meeting Dates, 2pm||IJB Audit Committee, 11:30am|
|Wed 24 Feb 2021||N/A|
|Wed 21 April 2021||Wed 21 April 2021|
|Wed 23 June 2021||Wed 23 June 2021|
|Wed 25 August 2021||Wed 25 August 2021|
|Wed 27 October 2021||N/A|
|Wed 8 December 2021||Wed 8 December 2021|
Below are links to summaries of the most recent IJB meetings:
- 24 February 2021
- 28 October 2020
- 26 August 2020
- 24 June 2020
- 26 February 2020
- 30 October 2019
- 28 August 2019
- 26 June 2019
- 24 April 2019
- 27 February 2019
- 12th December 2018
- 24th October 2018
- 29th August 2018
- 27th June 2018
To see these and previously held meetings in more detail, you can find them over at the Angus Council website.
Future planned meetings are also on our Events Page.