Angus Integrated Drug and Alcohol Recovery Service (AIDARS) is an integrated health and social work service incorporating Angus Council’s Alcohol, Drugs and Blood Borne Virus Team and NHS Tayside’s Substance Misuse Service. AIDARS provides a person-centred, whole family approach to assessment and intervention with adults who misuse drugs and alcohol.
AIDARS covers the whole of Angus through two locality-based teams. The North Locality Team covers Brechin, Montrose, Forfar and Kirriemuir. The South Locality Team covers Arbroath, Carnoustie and Monifieth.
Services provided include:
- Motivational and enhancement therapy
- In-patient and community detox for alcohol, opiates and opiate replacement therapy
- Recovery care planning and self-directed support
- Overdose awareness (including Naloxone dispensing), harm reduction, and BBV testing and support
- Relapse prevention in groups and one-to-one, supported by medication if required
- Psychological interventions
To make a referral contact:
12-14 Seaton Road