Know how to get the Right Care in the Right Place

Visit for advice and self-help guides for common illnesses and minor injuries or download the NHS 24 App.

If you have an injury you can’t treat at home call 111. Do not attend a minor injury & illness unit (MIIU) without an appointment.

Your community pharmacist can give you advice and provide medicine if needed for a range of minor illnesses.

Contact your GP, dentist or optician during the day or 111 if your GP/pharmacy is closed and you are too ill to wait.

If you think you need to go to A&E but it is not life-threatening, call 111 day or night.

If it is a life-threatening emergency call 999 or go to A&E.

For more information go to

Skip to content